The Success to Significance dinner series honors prominent leaders in areas such as art, media, culture and sports who have achieved great success in their fields and have moved from success to significance by giving back to society in a philanthropic form. Honorees exemplify the values and are presented with the WVI Dolphin Award at the dinner. This event is under the umbrella of Next Opportunity Group’s Wealth and Values Initiative (WVI) and Legacy Family Community (LFC), which encourage the successful intergenerational transfer of wealth and values via unique programs that provide thought leadership and best practices, high level peer to peer networking experiences, and exposure to compelling co-investment opportunities.
Success to Significance event Honorees include:
- 2014 - Uri Levine, Co-founder of Waze
- 2014 - Paul R. Provost, Deputy Chairman of Christie’s
- 2014 - Joseph Baptista, Director of the Pace Gallery
- 2015 - Dikembe Mutombo, NBA all-star, and founder of a hospital in the Congo
- 2016 - Kenny Gamble, Originator of the Philadelphia Sound
- 2016 - Karenna Gore, Author, Journalist and Director of the Center for Earth Ethics
- 2016 - Zhou Brothers, Chinese artists whose work is in the White House
- 2017 - Soledad O’Brien, former CNN anchor, humanitarian and documentary producer
- 2017 - Henrik Lundqvist, NY Rangers Goalie and the Henrik Lundqvist Foundation
- 2018 - Colonel Jack Jacobs, Medal of Honor Recipient
- - Following our dinner on his behalf, WVI’s philanthropic ecosystem connected Dikembe to the Cantor Fitzgerald Relief Fund from whom his charity is now receiving over six-figures annually.
- - This Success to Significance dinner generated over twice the philanthropic results of any prior WVI event - totaling approximately $65,000 to Henrik Lundqvist’s Foundation
- - These donations came from a combination of ticket sales to the WVI-hosted event and a WVI-led silent auction
- $5,000 of proceeds from the dinner also went to the Garden of Dreams Foundation, which is a foundation designated to help children facing obstacles of all sorts founded by Jim Dolan, owner of the Knicks, NY Rangers, Madison Square Garden, and Radio City Music Hall.
- - The Ireland Fund generously provided a $45k donation to the Lundqvist foundation at their subsequent annual gala held at the New York Athletic Club as a result of a WVI dinner attendee invitation to Henrik to attend.
- - A Crystal Cares Event on behalf of the Lundqvist Foundation will occur in July -- a joint event benefitting the New York Presbyterian Children’s hospital. Crystal Cares is the Corporate Foundation of Crystal and Company – a Wall St. based fourth generation insurance brokerage corporate sponsor of the WVI.
- - WVI recently hosted, in partnership with Herrick Feinstein LLC and G. Pirozzi Consulting, the Night Among Legends, which featured a number of NBA legends and guests. Funds were raised to the NBA Legends, a foundation that fosters growth and opportunity to underprivileged communities around the world. In addition, a strategic social media plan was established and a significant grant for the NBA Legends has been verbally agreed upon sourcing from an event attendee. The Legends have also requested that the WVI provide ongoing high-level strategic advice to assist them in moving to the next level.
Over the past year the WVI has grown to increasingly serve as a vehicle and resource for charitable organizations to garner important exposure and enhanced financial support – for example:
Dikembe Mutombo Foundation
The Henrik Lundqvist Foundation
Mobilization of additional revenues and support via the WVI ecosystem:
To view the complete listing with additional information about all of our events, click here